View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

The cool thing with the new Sorority Houses at SDSU is that it looks like a regular house from the front, which it is, but if looked at it from the side it looks to be about half as deep as it should. Inside the house is a chapter room, kitchen, loft, a few bedrooms etc and when you walk out the back of the house is a courtyard and surrounding the courtyard are balconies of apartments. All of the apartments that overlook our courtyard are Sigma Kappa apts and only Sigma Kappas can live there (unless, of course we can't fill the space, but I don't really see that being a problem). Everything is key-card access, so only Sigma Kappas can access the Sigma Kappa areas of the apartment complex (AXO is right next door with the same set up, I think). That way you still get the sorority house feel, AND get your own space. I think it is really neat.

Originally all 9 chapters had signed on to the project, but one by one chapters backed out (and ADpi just left campus). I am not really sure why they backed out, I don't know why people would pass up on a new house. The houses at SDSU aren't historic or anything (except Alpha Phi). But, us and AXO had no choice bc we are getting re-zoned and torn down for the campus expansion. So right now its only SK, AXO and DG who are moving in, but they are building 5 houses, so I don't really get it. But I don't care, we are getting a new house! Our old one was brown and 70's looking from the outside so the chapter is really excited. Hopefully the PM's will be really excited and want to join our house bc its new (he he). I know it sounds silly but rush here is really cut-throat and we need all the help we can get.

What do you guys think? Do think girls will like the new houses with the apartment style or the old ones with all 40 girls living in one space?

"You used Ghostbusters for evil!" - Liz Lemon