View Single Post
Old 08-11-2023, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy12 View Post
Hey, just looking for advice. I want to join a NPHC alumni chapter, I tried in college but I had to stop. At the time i was getting crushed by my mental health even before i started the process. during i was diagnosed with depression and anxiety and was placed on medication. at the time i was it a bad relationship and i was failing my classes. I was on the military TA and i couldn’t afford my classes so i couldn’t afford to fail them. I made the decision to step away and I don’t regret my decision because it allowed me to focus heavily to myself which i had never done and succeed academically. Now that i am in a better place mentally and physically I want to join because i believe i’m the organization and its values and want to put in work to make my community better. But i don’t want my past to be held against me. My question is would it be worth it to reach out or would i just be wasting their time because they wouldn’t want me and my own time reaching out instead of looking for an organization that will accept me. all responses are welcome even the ones i know will come calling me soft and a bitch . thank you for reading
Obviously I'm not a fraternity man however as a NPHC Woman, I would suggest you REACH out to your local Grad Chapter or National body. Only they can give you the information you need. (or an active Greekchat member of interested fraternity)

On another note, kudos to you for getting yourself together.That is MOST important overall. #beenthere