View Single Post
Old 05-25-2000, 11:50 AM
GreekGoddess

Ok, to clear things up...
I was not talking about which organizations are "the best" because of course you have to go to the place that is best for you. That is common sense. However, anyone involved in the greek community knows that traditionally certain GTO's have been concidered "elite", not that this should ever be a reason for joining one house over another. All that I was doing is answering a question that was asked. These tradionally "elite" reputations do exist and repeating the "chose what is best for you" message is not an honest anwser. I think that part of moving beyond the bad rep that sororities have had for a long time now is to admit that there have been times when sororities have been elite, snobby, slutty, have been involved in hazing, incouraged bad drinking habits ect. To admit that these problems have existed and that we as a whole are not proud of them is to move back in the direction of the high ideals an principles that our founders all set out for us. It is ok to say "yes this is what we have done" as long as we also say "but this is where we're going". Honesty is the key here people.-GG