View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

i felt the need to reply to this.

like you, i went to a large university, went through recruitment twice. my freshman year my grandma died right before 19 party so i just didn't finish since it really wasn't fair to me or the other houses. then sophomore year i went through 19 party, 12 party, & then got cut from the houses i was really interested in. like you, i was a legacy to kappa & got cut. i really hated it at that school, so i transferred home & was misinformed about my credits transferring...so i had to look at transferring again. keep in mind, i'm a junior by this point.

i transferred to butler university in january & decided to give recruitment a shot. granted, i got set back a year because not all my credits transferred...so i'm a sophomore. well, needless to say EVERYTHING worked out for the BEST. i am a kappa here (it's actually the same chapter my mom was in, so it makes it that much better) & i LOVE LOVE LOVE it. i got to move into the house right away & everything. best transition to a new school i could ever ask for.

i definitely recommend looking at a 3rd school. more than likely at a bigger school you won't get looked at as a junior, as it's extremely hard for sophomores to get into a house. smaller schools are more accepting...but no matter what, it's worth the shot! just keep an open mind & don't favor a chapter because you're a legacy. every single sorority has their strong points.

as someone else said earlier, chapters do usually know if you are a legacy. when registering for recruitment here, you actually are asked to put down your legacies. there's no doubt i was cut from certain houses because of my kappa legacy.

good luck with everything. seems like you've had a tough two years & you deserve the best!

xoxo