View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
During my last recruitment (2006), there was a girl who came to Sorority Info Night with her BOYFRIEND.
<snip>
She visited a few chapters that spring for COB and guess who she brought to the events? Yep, the boyfriend. She ended up not being invited to further events with any of them.
Wow. That would not have been allowed at my school.

We did have a PNM come through COB one year - she was a freshman, and she was engaged (almost unheard of at my school). She attended our COB events without her fiance. We offered her a bid - and then she told us that, before she could accept, we had to convince her fiance to let her pledge! Fast forward a few months - she realized it really was her decision, not his, pledged, was initiated - and she and her fiance broke up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Phi Mu View Post
<snip> ... we had cut her the night before! Apparently she snuck in during the party hoping we would give her another chance! Luckily she didn't show up the next night.
That wouldn't have happened at my school either. All our events were held in rooms in the student center. There was a desk outside each room, and each PNM had to sign in, which meant checking her name off on a list and taking a name tag that had been already prepared for her. (PNMs got standard-issue name tags from Panhel for day one, but after that, sororities made their own name tags for the PNMs.) One or two alums minded the desk to make sure everyone signed in and no one entered after the party started. If a PNM had managed to sneak in, she would have been picked out right away because she wouldn't have a name tag.