GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   If you are in Chicago. . . (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=52809)

SigKapSmurf 06-27-2004 01:53 PM

If you are in Chicago. . .

Cubs or Sox?

Personally I am a true blue CUBS fan.
It is really hard tho when they play each other because my dad and both of my bros are Sox fans. Funny thing, on Friday my cousin, who is alos a Sox fan, threatened to kick me out of the family if I didn't root for the Sox this weekend, then my grandma told him she was rooting for the Cubs. . . lol.

So who do you root for?

nucutiepie 06-27-2004 02:15 PM

Well I'm a Boston girl so I'm primarily a Boston Red Sox fan.

But in terms of Chicago... I love the Cubs, wished the World Series last fall had been Cubs-BoSox. Also can't beat Wrigley Field or the great bars in Wrigleyville!

wrigley 06-27-2004 02:43 PM

Go Cubbies!!!!!!!

The crosstown classic is a great tradition.

ILLINIgirl 06-27-2004 05:02 PM

definitly the CUBS! :D

from an away message I saw:

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Sox fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they are Sox fans too. Wanting to please the teacher, all the kids raise their hands except one little girl, who says that she is a Cubs fan just like her parents. The teacher asks, "What if your Mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. What would you be then?" A pause, and a smile. "Then," says the girl, "I'd be a Sox fan."

RedRoseSAI 06-27-2004 05:05 PM

Well, there's really no choice in the matter - I was born north of Madison Street, therefore I am a Cubs fan.

...then again, there's Mr RedRose who is also a born and bred northsider, yet is somehow a Sox fan. What can I say, he's a freak of nature. We're going to the Cubs-Sox game next weekend @ Wrigley - can't wait!

TheEpitome1920 06-27-2004 05:15 PM

I live right down the street from Wrigley Field and I guess i'm a Cubs fan by default.

Rudey 06-27-2004 05:33 PM

Cubs fans are a bunch of pussies who don't even care about the Cubs; they care about drinking at wrigley and at the bars outside.

Sox fans are a bunch of fricking criminals that really make you shake your head. Fricking 5 time offenders and most of the time they can't even fill their stands.

-Rudey
--Go Yankees

Peaches-n-Cream 06-27-2004 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rudey
Cubs fans are a bunch of pussies who don't even care about the Cubs; they care about drinking at wrigley and at the bars outside.

Sox fans are a bunch of fricking criminals that really make you shake your head. Fricking 5 time offenders and most of the time they can't even fill their stands.

-Rudey
--Go Yankees

This is your best post in a long time! GO YANKEES!!!!!!

Sister Havana 06-27-2004 10:17 PM

Diehard Cubs fan here. :D

My mom is also a Cubs fan. My dad is a Sox fan. My sister doesn't much care.

Thrillhouse 06-27-2004 11:41 PM

I'm in the vast minority of sox fans around the country.

AXJules 06-28-2004 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rudey

-Rudey
--Go Yankees

This is very true, although I think there are quite a few Cubs fans who still stood proud when B96 and every other radio station kept a 'loss count' b/c we were so bad.

And I cannot even believe this is a thread. I consider the Sox just another exersize (omg that spelling doesn't look right??) program for Illinois convicts.

astroAPhi 07-01-2004 02:43 PM

No longer a Chicagoan (only at heart) but I still love the Cubs. At least I don't have to worry about being shot in Wrigleyville.