GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Kappa Delta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   The Blind Side (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=108591)

KDAngel 11-09-2009 04:22 PM

The Blind Side

Brought up this movie over in the entertainment forum, but wanted to mention it here as well. It's about two KD's, so it'd make for a great movie to watch with your chapter or alumnae chapter, or just in general!

Can't wait to see it myself.

Leslie Anne 11-11-2009 08:36 AM

Thanks for posting it in the Entertainment forum! It was mentioned in the Lifetime movie thread but it needed more exposure.

I really can't wait to see it!!!

Just interested 11-18-2009 08:09 PM

The guy that does movie reviews for one of the Dallas TV stations gave Blind Side a real thumbs up. Can't wait to see it.

KDAngel 11-23-2009 03:00 AM

Saw it this evening! It's SO good.

And there's a great picture during the credits of a "KD loves #74" poster. SO fun!

Katmandu 11-23-2009 09:31 PM

Wasn't this story featured in the Angelos a couple of years ago? I remember it and I don't think I am delusional yet. It was when the daughter was still in school. It was a feature article with pics, etc. Anyone else remember it?

I hope the movie keeps her KD affiliation and doesn't eliminate it or change it to something like Kappa Delta Nu....

DaffyKD 11-24-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katmandu (Post 1869481)
Wasn't this story featured in the Angelos a couple of years ago? I remember it and I don't think I am delusional yet. It was when the daughter was still in school. It was a feature article with pics, etc. Anyone else remember it?

I hope the movie keeps her KD affiliation and doesn't eliminate it or change it to something like Kappa Delta Nu....

Yes, it was in the Angelos According the the copy I received today, it originally appeared in 2007 and you are able to read the back article on the KD website.

DaffyKD

Katmandu 11-24-2009 08:27 PM

Thanks! I knew it was recent. I will have to see if I still have that copy. You know, it's fun to actually have some activity on the KD boards. Thanks everyone!

KDAngel 11-24-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katmandu (Post 1869481)

They don't talk about it. But as the newest Angelos points out -- the picture of KD makes it into the credits (with lots of other fun pics), so stick around and don't leave right away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katmandu (Post 1869750)
You know, it's fun to actually have some activity on the KD boards. Thanks everyone!

I couldn't agree more!

WVU alpha phi 11-25-2009 09:35 AM

I saw the movie last night and really enjoyed it. Thanks to this thread I also stuck around through the credits until I saw the KD <3s #74 sign. :)

OleMissGlitter 11-25-2009 09:36 AM

I am going to see it today at 4pm! I cannot wait!

Shellfish 11-25-2009 12:00 PM

Was Sean Tuohy a Greek at Ole Miss? He seems like an unsung hero of the story if you read various articles about the family.* Er, not that it matters if he was in a fraternity, but if so, they could bask in this the way KDs are.

*Still haven't read the book yet, I admit.

Leslie Anne 11-25-2009 12:12 PM

According to LaneSig, Sean Tuohy was a Kappa Sigma and star basketball player at Ole Miss.

Just interested 11-25-2009 05:25 PM

I enjoyed it as well. Also noticed in the Angelos article that the executive producer is also from Memphis and has 2 KD sisters.

OleMissGlitter 11-25-2009 10:53 PM

It was an awesome movie. I love the relationship that builds between Lea Anne and Michael. I think Sandra Bullock did a great job. Good stuff! Highly Recommend!

SydneyK 12-29-2009 08:33 PM

I finally got a chance to watch The Blind Side. Hubby and I both loved it. The theatre was packed, which surprised me considering how long it's been showing. I was sitting next to a KD - neither of us knew we were sisters until the credits. She clapped when she saw the KD <3's #74 sign, so I knew she must be KD. When I introduced myself as one of her much older sisters, her mom looked almost weepy. I think it meant a lot to Mom to see Sarah make instant "friends" with someone significantly older. Sarah is a recent initiate, and I hope this is the first of many sister-meetings yet to come.