GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Ole Miss Recruitment? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=88571)

KSUViolet06 09-08-2007 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzgirl (Post 1515090)
Just out of curiosity, how often do twins split up among two different houses?

I go to a school with a relatively small rush (like 120ish PNMs max), and every year I was active, a set of twins went through. Out of all 3 years, only one set pledged the same house. The other sets pledged different ones.

FSUZeta 09-08-2007 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIOB (Post 1515022)

And sending pizza to feed the entire sorority with your daughter's face plastered on the box it is NOT a good idea. Just send the rec, the pizza does no good! (But it was nice of that Mom to feed us all.:D)

i figured that they have used pepperoni to outline the pnms head with bell pepper for a mouth(red bell pepper of course) olives for eyes and cheese for hair. now i am disappointed that there was a photo of the pnm on the box:(

AlphaFrog 09-08-2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

We had two sets of twins (that I know of) when I was undergrad.

Both girls of one set were ChiO's (as well as both in marching band - one drumline, the other colorguard), and the other set were ASAs.:D Speaking of, one of the girls from our set of twins had a baby girl this week.:)

ZTAngel 09-08-2007 11:19 AM

Quote:

When I was an undergrad, I noticed that the twins who went through recruitment would tend to go to different houses. We pledged a girl one year whose twin went KD. It's interesting because I've noticed that sisters will tend to go to the same house though. The younger sister would almost always pledge the chapter that her older sister is a member of (this is if they go to the same school). There was a girl in my PX group that pledged her sister's house even though she knew she'd fit in better somewhere else.

SECMom 09-08-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMM2025 (Post 1515045)
So far theres about 750 girls signed up for rush at Ole Miss (that was the last count but the deadline hasnt come yet so there will always be the procrastinators who wait til the last day to sign up). This year seems to be the year of the twins, I've never seen so many sets of twins going through rush in my life! I'm a sophomore Pi Phi and I know that last year there were about 900 of us but this year's freshman class is one of the biggest we've had at Ole Miss so I'm sure by rush time there will be more than that. Whoever said rush at Ole Miss is unlike anything else you'll ever witness was so right! I talk to my friends who pledged sororities at other schools that have maybe 80 girls in their entire sorority, that isnt as big as one of our pledge classes! We are excited though since this year our house renovations were completed and we dont have to do rush amidst construction. Our house looks unbelievable and I want rush to get here so we can show it off!

Your new house is GORGEOUS!!! I know you are proud of it! Best of Luck to all the Ole Miss Houses--I know y'all are working very hard! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

honeychile 09-08-2007 02:10 PM

Quote:

Until last year, I NEVER heard of twins who were split between two houses! I know of a set when only one twin pledged, and the other dropped, but never split up.

carnation 09-08-2007 03:39 PM

Thinking back...most of the sets of fraternal twins I've known have pledged different groups and most of the identical sets have pledged the same groups.

OleMissGlitter 09-14-2007 02:17 PM

There are actually 870 PNMs signed up for sorority recruitment....

A few years ago there was a set of twins and both went DG. Then another set came through and one went Chi O and one went Tri Delta. There were triplets in Pi Phi when I was a freshman back in the day. There were twins in AOII when I was a freshman too. It's always fun to see where the twins end up!

sassy9 10-01-2007 02:43 PM

Did they have bid day yet?

aopirose 10-01-2007 02:45 PM

Bid Day was yesterday. By all accounts, everyone made quota.

OleMissGlitter 10-01-2007 03:00 PM

Quota was 84 and AOII got 89. Everyone made quota and did very well!

I don't know where the twins pledged....I think there were at least 2 or 3 sets this year!

estherjb 10-01-2007 06:13 PM

Bid List?

Does Ole Miss publish a new member list?

OleMissGlitter 10-01-2007 08:33 PM

They haven't in the past and I don't think they did this year.

estherjb 10-02-2007 10:43 PM

Well, pooh.

magnoliacurious 10-04-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estherjb (Post 1531550)
Does Ole Miss publish a new member list?

At least when I was in school, sororities would take out an ad in the student newspaper after bid day with a list of their new members. Don't think those are still published.