GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Have you ever met anyone famous??? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=9517)

CarmelTreat 06-11-2001 08:46 PM

Okay, don't everyone laugh at once but a while back when he used to play for the Pistons, I met John Sally at a K-mart buying toilet paper. I also met Prince a while back when he was still "the artist"

greeklawgirl 06-11-2001 11:23 PM

Hmmm, let me think, I've actually met quite a few...
Danny Glover at my college graduation...
Johnnie Cochran in law school...
Mayors Rudolph Guiliani and Ed Koch
Garry Shandling in Hermosa Beach
Chris Issak at a Springsteen concert
Charlton Heston in an airport (which was pretty random: "oh, here's my luggage...oh, there's Moses.")
I don't know if this counts as a 'celebrity,' but I met Joe Pistone in law school--he's the real life Donnie Brasco, and the mob still has a price on his head. That was also surreal because my classmates and I had to be patted down, have our purses checked, and there were armed state troopers everywhere!
Also, my (ethnic) Greek citizenship would be taken away if I hadn't told you I've met Michael Dukakis, Melina Kanakarides and Costas Mandylor.
Whew! I think that's it.

------------------
"To hold truth inviolable, sincerity essential. kindness invaluable."

UKAXO 06-12-2001 08:39 AM

Hi - I am new to Greekchat and living in the UK, so this is an interesting way to keep in touch with my "Greek" roots....

Anyway, I have met British Prime Minister Tony Blair, also Al Gore and the whole First Family (Clintons) while working at the US Embassy in London - kinda neat, no matter what you think of them politically....

Corbin Dallas 06-12-2001 09:43 AM

I almost forgot, way back in the day, in like 1988, I was at my grandpa's house and the phone rang. I answered it, and then handed it to my grandpa. It was some dude named Michael. It turns out it was Michael Dukakis. My grandpa was pretty big into politics, and knew every democratic candidate for president since Kennedy or something crazy like that. He has pictures of himself and my grandma with Kennedy in the early 60's.

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.

newbie 06-12-2001 04:57 PM

WELCOME UKAXO!! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif

Hope you like it here as much as we all do!! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

Lisa Fishman 06-12-2001 07:44 PM

Oh. I forgot two more. First, (about three years ago) I saw Benjimin Netanyahu. He was a Prime Minister of Israel. I saw him go into a hotel and thought to myself, that looks like PM Netanyahu. A little later I asked at the front desk if it was the PM. The lady there confirmed it.
My dad met Bill Clinton at a special ceramony in the White House. I saw my day dad shake Bill Clinton's hand on CNN. The ceramony was televised live on CNN.

Sue_XO 06-13-2001 04:45 PM

Thru work... I have met Martha Stewart, Bette Midler, Barbara Streisand (my bosses brother use to date her)and Bill Clinton. Also Ann Richards (former gov. of Texas)

To all the Phi Taus - since Paul Newman is an alum with you and his wife is a Chi O- we should have a big ole party and have them as master of ceremonies!! Ha ha! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

lifesaver 06-13-2001 06:37 PM

OK, I thought of a few more. Steve Martin was in my hometown in 1992 filming "Leap of Faith" with Deborah Winger and Lucas Haas. Met all of them. When we wouldnt have anything better to do we'd watch them film. We were supposed to be "Rustwater Kansas." And yes, my hometown was about that depressing.

Also, Political stuff aside, I have a pict with "Dubbyah" From a few years back. Like him or loathe him, I gotta pict with a sitting president.

Also in 1996, our national convention was held in Dallas at the Fairmont, and so happens in the middle of the conference candidate Bob Dole spent the night there. There was secret service agents EVERYWHERE and you know it was our mission (coming in late having consumed MANY beverages) to sneak onto his floor and knock on his door. We didnt get past the elevators. Needless to say the announcments the next morning at the first workshop were, by our Executive VP, and went something along these lines, "Gentelmen, we are Lambda Chi's. We ALWAYS strive to represent ourselves well. Attempting to wake up the Republican candidate for prseident at 3 o'clock in the morning and harassing the agents charged to his protection because they wont let you change his "do not disturb" sign to the "please make up room" sign is not gentlemenly and will not be tolerated, THANK YOU."

God I still laugh about that. Beth those agents were really pleased he was staying at the same hotel with 1000 fraternity men.

hahahahahah. Still gives me a chuckle.

Tom Earp 06-13-2001 06:43 PM

Well all I can add to this is Harry S Truman and Robert Urich both LXA.
I am related to so many Famous People that notority just does not impress me. They all put their jockey shorts on the same. Well maybe some can jump up and put both legs in at once!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)

Tom Earp 06-13-2001 06:44 PM

Well all I can add to this is Harry S Truman and Robert Urich both LXA.
I am related to so many Famous People that notority just does not impress me. They all put their jockey shorts on the same. Well maybe some can jump up and put both legs in at once!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)

Hootie 06-16-2001 12:44 AM

I don't know if any of you remember that MTV Movie ELECTION...well, I was an extra in it. My friend and I were in a hallway scene with like 12 other kids. Chris Klien was doing his part where he stood in the doorway and said something to the extent of HEY MR. M....blah blah blah. Well it's too bad we had NO idea that Chris was the lead or that he'd become such a mega hottie superstar...
So does that count...lol.

Otherwise I was in a hotel elevator for this church thing in Chicago my Junior year, when a group of guys got on the elevator with us. I didn't think anything of it, but when my roomie and I got off on our floor she flipped out...evidently Metalica had been standing in the elevator with us. Since I'm not a Metalica fan, I had no clue. Once again...does that count.

[This message has been edited by Hootie (edited June 16, 2001).]

alphachiohmy 06-27-2001 10:38 AM

I met Kel Gleason from Survivor the night after Formal. He was in a bar in our town (where he went to school). He was just sitting on a bar stool. So I have a pix of him and me in a black formal dress outside the bar. He has a very nice body, but I still think Colby was better looking.

nucutiepie 06-28-2001 09:29 PM

I met Flavor Flav of the rap group "Public Enemy" on an elevator in New Jersey in 1994. He was wearing a clock around his neck and smelled of weed smoke!

Also, I once met Mr. Bose, of Bose speakers.

gammazetagrl 06-28-2001 09:59 PM

When i was a junior in high school I visited my cousins in Las Vegas. Well, one of them was going to college in UCLA so we drove up there to visit her. She is an ADPi, and guess who was hanging out in her kitchen when we arrived? Her sorority sister, Danice McKellar! I recognized her at once and I was like, "Winnie!" (thinking back on it I totally acted so...HIGH SCHOOL! lol) She laughed, but she was really very nice and sweet. Of course, since I grew up watching Wonder Years I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get my pic taken and Danica was only happy to oblige...

I also saw the Stars on Ice tour last year and I got to meet Michelle Kwan--yeah we had to wait around for awhile outside the dressing room, but she was really gracious to all her fans and didn't leave until every last autograph was signed.

MoxieGrrl 08-06-2001 09:50 PM

Someone on here needs to meet Edward Norton, so I can live vicariously through you!

I have met Head from Korn....actually, he kissed me. A goood kiss! *g*

And the Shop & Save lady...I have no clue what her name is, and most of you probably have no clue who I'm talking about. It's a Pittsburgh area thing!