GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Gamma Delta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   New Colony @ Roosevelt University!!! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=91278)

IHeartUGA 11-01-2007 07:44 PM

New Colony @ Roosevelt University!!!

I love it when we get new chapters :)

"We are tremendously excited to have begun the colonization process at Roosevelt University. We are confident that this colony will be extremely successful, given the quality of the students attending the university.

The colonization process will begin with all members of the existing local Alpha Sigma group being initiated into the Fraternity and welcomed into the international sisterhood of Alpha Gamma Delta. Recruitment of additional members to join the Alpha Gamma Delta colony will begin during the week of November 12. Click here to find out more about recruitment events scheduled to take place for our colony at Roosevelt University.

Once the recruitment for the colony has been completed, all new members will participate in colony activities that will not only educate members on Fraternity history and policies, but will also provide the fun bonding experiences that Alpha Gamma Delta is all about.

A Colony Leadership Consultant will assist our Roosevelt colony members in achieving the growth and productivity of a successful group. This recently-graduated Alpha Gam will provide specific training for officers, assist them in learning Fraternity policies and procedures and share the joy of Alpha Gamma Delta sisterhood. In order to serve a constant resource and source of support for the colony, she will live at Roosevelt throughout the entire colonization process.

Following a successful colonization, the colony is installed as a chapter of Alpha Gamma Delta and all new members are initiated into the Fraternity. Installation for the Roosevelt colony is scheduled for early 2008."

greeklawgirl 11-02-2007 11:44 AM

You can't go back to Northwestern uninvited. If the campus hasn't opened for extension, our hands are tied. I'm really happy about this colony! I think it may become the foundation for starting to colonize/recolonize in schools like Northwestern, DePaul, etc.

And as for having a chapter in Chicago...shoot. I think squirrely girl and nme525 will join me in going to the installation ceremonies. ;)

squirrely girl 11-02-2007 01:55 PM

you can MOST DEFINITELY count me in for a chicago trip! (as long as we don't stay at the evil motel or have dinner with ted again)

Benzgirl 11-02-2007 06:39 PM

Fantastic News!
I agree. We need to get back to Northwestern as soon as it opens.

mu_agd 11-02-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrely girl (Post 1544675)
you can MOST DEFINITELY count me in for a chicago trip! (as long as we don't stay at the evil motel or have dinner with ted again)

but don't you want to see the view from the 42nd floor?

AGDLynn 11-02-2007 07:01 PM

BID DAY TSHIRT IDEA

Front:

R U
AGD?

Back:

I R
AGD:D

squirrely girl 11-02-2007 08:53 PM

it wasn't that nice of a view! at least compared to my life. ha!

AGDZO Susan 11-04-2007 10:38 AM

Sponsor a Bid Day gift for the Roosevelt University Colony!

Here's a link to where you can sponsor a Bid Day gift package for a Roosevelt University colony member. http://www.alphagammadelta.org/Roose...sor%20form.pdf

GtownGirl98 11-04-2007 04:39 PM

I wish they had done this with my colony in 1999. We had the local alumna but it wasn't the same.

AGDAlum 11-06-2007 04:17 PM

R U
AGD?

Back:

I R
AGD:D[/QUOTE]

If I calculate correctly, it will be Beta Upsilon so:
BU @ RU

:D

AGDAlum 11-06-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzgirl (Post 1544801)
Fantastic News!
I agree. We need to get back to Northwestern as soon as it opens.

ZTA recolonized at Northwestern--last year? the year before?--with 100+.
It would be grand to have our Lambda chapter back.

xshelbellx 12-26-2007 02:00 PM

I was so excited when I heard about this!!! One of my good friends is a DZ, and she was telling me about how she has a friend at northwestern and how they were going through the process! I was stoked when I found out that it had all gone through! =]

AGDLynn 04-30-2008 06:22 PM

Wonderful. I've always wanted to go to a Chapter Installation

I would have loved to have gone to Clemson's and Valdosta's installations but installation happened before I even knew they were coming to campus...of course that was before GC, lol.

Oh well, I'd love to see Theta Xi back at Clemson since I was born about12 miles or so from there. If I'd stayed in SC, I probably would have ended up there. Go Tigers....except when playing Ga Tech and UGA;

DoctorD 04-30-2008 09:04 PM

one of my favorite collegiate memories was being on the installation team for Theta Mu at UNCW doing the President's part. It was a truly incredible weekend.

Super excited for our soon to be Roosevelt sisters!

DoctorD 05-09-2008 04:15 PM

Belated congratulations to our new Beta Upsilon sisters at Roosevelt! They were installed last weekend!