GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Zeta Tau Alpha (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Hello from Blue Angel! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=62702)

blueangel 02-04-2005 10:03 PM

Hi Sister Madly, Jill, Navene, BetaRose, Sister Havana, AUDeltaGam, Peanuttu, Ms Gwyn!

Wow.. I had no idea word would get around the other parts of Greek Chat so quickly! How nice of you to come by and send your well wishes. It means a lot to me... it really does! I am just blown away by the sweet thoughts. I'm going to print this whole thread out and put it in my new ZTA scrapbook!

You guys are really something special!

blueangel 02-04-2005 10:05 PM

Hi Ztabachbum! Thank you for your kind wishes!

blueangel 02-04-2005 10:15 PM

Hi Meredith!

I bet you would never have guessed the sport I was competing in... it was judo!

Years of competition have taken their toll on my body. I've had three knee surgeries, and really need two more-- because I have no ACLs in either knee! I don't compete anymore, but I teach on the side. I've got a terrific kids class...they are just too cute for words.. and will be adding women's self defense classes in the fall.

ZTABullwinkle 02-04-2005 10:55 PM

Blue Angel-

I was going to guess gymnastics!! I never would have guessed judo! I hear you on the knee surgeries - I have had seven on one knee!!!!

That is awesome. I am so happy for you!

Meredith

PS - I injured my knee jumping out of a go-kart (I was working.)...The doctor wondered how in the world I didn't do it BEFORE when I was a competitive gymnast. Those sports really take a toll on your body!

trojangal 02-05-2005 08:16 AM

Hooray!

Blue Angel,

What a beautiful story!

Hooray! Congratulations to you! It's great to hear that you're finally going "home"!

I know that ZTA will be so happy to have you!

:D :D :D

GMUBunny 02-05-2005 11:04 AM

Yaaaaaaaaaay! I just love stories like this that get me all teary-eyed. I'm so happy for you, Blue Angel! Welcome home!

-Meghan

tinydancer 02-05-2005 01:52 PM

What a wonderful story. Congratulations to you and Zeta!:)

FSUZeta 02-05-2005 05:18 PM

blueangel

i am indeed a native floridian-8th generation. i grew up in north florida, near tallahassee, went to florida state, worked in jacksonville after college, met my husband in jax(he's a former navy pilot), he moved me to his native state of oklahoma, promising me if the opportunity ever arose he would move me back, and 8 years ago he did!! i am happy to be back. lisa

bsp-mich24 02-06-2005 12:27 AM

Congrats to you and ZTA!:)

blueangel 02-07-2005 07:29 AM

Meredith:

I'm so sorry about your knee. SEVEN surgeries? My goodness.. and I thought I had it bad with three. I hope it's OK now.

I wanted to add that I'm very impressed that you were a competitive gymnast. I am in awe of anyone who is able to do what you did! It takes such courage and dedication to succeed in your sport.

blueangel 02-07-2005 07:41 AM

Thanks, Trojangal.

I've been following your story, and am anxious to see an announcement from you as well soon!

blueangel 02-07-2005 07:44 AM

Tippie Chick, GMU Bunny, BSP-Mich:

How sweet of you to write such kind notes! I am just overwhelmed at the support of the entire GC community.

I think what struck me the most upon reading the posts on GC (all around the message boards) is that everyone helps each other, and genuinely cares. It's a wonderful endorsement for Greek life!

Thanks again. I'm so looking forward to my initiation.

blueangel 02-07-2005 07:48 AM

Tiny Dancer:

When things had stalled for me, you were the person who put me in touch with two women here who got the ball rolling again.
(Penguin Trax and CutiePie2000!)

I'll never forget you for that.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

blueangel 02-07-2005 07:51 AM

FSU Zeta:

I worked in Jacksonville for a time too! But then I had to move up to the frigid north east for my career (BRRRR!). I'd move back in a second if I could. In fact, looking at your profile-- you live in the very place I always want to eventually relocate!

I'm familiar with Naples because my accountant moved there a few years ago and LOVES it!

FSUZeta 02-07-2005 11:09 AM

pm

blueangel i have pm'd you.