PDA

View Full Version : Local Sorority Convetnion

Gamma_Beta
07-01-2001, 01:24 AM
HI! I am planning a local sorority convention for Missouri and Illinois. If you are in a local in one of those states then let me know. Also if you have any ideas then let me know.
Thanks

Vixenradio
07-03-2001, 01:45 PM
Good luck with that! It sounds like a great time... I'm all the way up in MA, but if someone did something like that up in the North East that would be so cool http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

Aurora
07-13-2001, 03:24 PM
I am really looking forward to the local sorority convention! It will be awesome to meet women from other locals in the area. Go Gamma_Beta!!!

ChiPiSandi
07-15-2001, 03:12 PM
Gamma_Beta--- that is such a great idea, if we weren't up in Ohio we'd love to come! Good luck with everything http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/redface.gif)

AOX81
07-16-2001, 07:07 AM
Hey Sandi~
We should set one up for Michigan and Ohio!

Amphitrite201
08-03-2001, 07:07 PM
Im up in NY and my Headquarters is in Maryland but I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN THIS! Please email me with more info!. Maybe the NorthEast should try to make one as well. I would love to help anyway i can

------------------
Live it ~ Love it ~ Show it
Delta Gamma Pi Multicultural Sorority ~ Beta Gamma Chapter
#2 Amphitrite
Summer 01

Gamma_Beta
08-03-2001, 07:56 PM
Hey does anyone know if a greek company would be willing to sponser this? If you are from another state (other than Illinois)let me know and I will send you information. Thanks!!!!!!!

Vixenradio
08-04-2001, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Amphitrite201:
Im up in NY and my Headquarters is in Maryland but I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN THIS! Please email me with more info!. Maybe the NorthEast should try to make one as well. I would love to help anyway i can

Amphitrite201... I'm from a local in MA. Maybe we should see what locals from the New Englad/Tri-State area are interested in this http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

Otherwise to the girls already getting this underway, let me know if you need any help!

-Meri

ChiPiSandi
08-05-2001, 11:58 AM
Wow, everyone, this is kind of exciting seeing so many people interested! If we were to have a northeastern US locals convention, how many people would be willing to travel to it? Aso, would you have enough funding to do this for a weekend. Sure we'd have fundraisers and look for sponsors, but we'll still have to pitch in for hotels, etc.. If we can get enough people together who are committed to doing this, I am more than willing to help plan it! E-mail me if you want to, otherwise AOX81 and I were thinking of doing a Michigan/Ohio one. Keep in touch
Sandi
Sandra@greekchat.com

[This message has been edited by ChiPiSandi (edited August 05, 2001).]

Gamma_Beta
08-06-2001, 03:16 AM
Hey Why don't we have a national local convention?

Vixenradio
08-06-2001, 10:14 AM
Wow, a national local sorority convention... That would be huge!!!!! I'm guessing hard to put together but it would be so worth it http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif I would love to work on something like that!!! Let me know if you need someone to help!

-Meri

------------------
"Once a Kappa, Always a Kappa" ...Kappa Gamma Chi

Gamma_Beta
08-06-2001, 04:37 PM
Ladies,

Why don't we get a committee together to work on this.

Vixenradio
08-06-2001, 04:44 PM
Gamma_Beta I am totally down for that! If you want to reach me my email is Vixenradio@aol.com and if you have IM (instant messanger) I am Vixenradio.

Thanks!

------------------
Emerson College Boston, MA

ChiPiSandi
08-07-2001, 12:21 AM
A national convention?? I think that is kind of jumping into things a little too quickly. Not that I dont' have faith in us or anything, but if we did regional ones first it'd probably set a good foundation for a national. A national one would also cost a lot more. Either way, count me in to help plan! We could each be the contact person for our state and still have a committee too..? I am OutrageousChic on aol IM too if anyone wants to chat http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/redface.gif)
Sandi

Gamma_Beta
08-07-2001, 01:24 AM
I know that this kinda jumping the gun so I agree let's make a committee first. My aol im is asha4822. Let's get together (by email or aol or otherwise) and be reprsentatives of our state.

deltajas
08-07-2001, 01:01 PM
Hey there,
I am a memeber of a local sorority in New York and we would love to participate in a possible regional or even national local sorority convention. I would be interested in joining such a committee and would love to help out. Email me jasmietana1@cs.com

Vixenradio
08-07-2001, 01:14 PM
Deltajas,
Great! I actually emailed everyone who is on this thread (who's email was available) so hopefully we can all start chatting through email and IM's too. If you want me to send you out the email I sent everyone, just let me know http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif
My email adderess is Vixenradio@aol.com
and my IM is Vixenradio or (for work) mgolecnms. Hope to hear from you!

-Meri

------------------
Emerson College Boston, MA

penguintpa_lady
08-09-2001, 10:13 PM
I am a memeber of a local in Ohio, & i think this is a wonderful idea. I'm sure I could y sisters involved to. I will talk to them at our first meeting in the fall.

------------------
Bekki
DELTA SIGMA TAU

navane
09-16-2001, 06:42 PM
Any people here from the West Coast? I live in/near Los Angeles and would love to help out with a Western Region Local Convention.

......Kelly :)

honeybee77
09-25-2002, 11:09 AM
Is there still a Local national or regional convention being planned? Info Please.

Milissa

qtbecks
09-25-2002, 05:32 PM
honeybee,
the regional convention that Gamma Beta was planning already happened. I'm not sure about a National one being planned anytime soon, but my sorority is planning the second-annual convention for March or April of 2003 to be held at our school, Truman State University in Kirksville, MO. If you want some information about it, let me know. :)

rayray
09-26-2002, 07:05 PM
maybe someday expand out to the west coast. We would love to have/attend a convention here in California. That would be awesome!

tiramasu
11-27-2002, 12:01 PM
hey i'm in a local sorority up here in the buffalo area. if there is still a local sorority convention being held for the tri-state area in 2003 can u let me know? my e-mail is Starlette50@aol.com. it sounds like a great idea and i would want to get involved or at least come attend. thanks
TIRAMASU
DELTA PHI MU
the girls in pink and blue

D-Rho
02-18-2003, 11:02 AM
Hello, Does anyone know of any Local conventions going on in Virginia or nearby.

Thanks,
Milissa

D-Rho
03-20-2003, 02:51 PM
Qtbecks, Any information on your locals convention would be much appreciate.
Thanks