GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,647
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Rachiokzo
» Online Users: 1,244
0 members and 1,244 guests
No Members online

Old 12-08-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmaceli View Post
IU Bloomington is possibly open for extension. This would be a recolonization, but there are heavy housing requirements and we still have not completed construction at Mizzou. I don't know if we will submit but I DESPERATELY hope so...our last recolonization there was not successful, but I really believe that we can handle the effort now.

We've got a BIG presentation in the Spring at Drexel for another recolonization. We've submitted to a few other big schools and some mid-sized schools at well. We've really worked to revamp our materials and our process this semester, so we will see what happens!

Our expansion team is fantastic. We've been on a roll recently with presentations and such and I can't wait to see what else is to come!

Lakers Nation.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-15-2010, 04:28 AM
GreekChat Member

I really hope to see a Tri-Sigma chapter in the state of Maryland. Possibly Salisbury?
sailboats and violets
Old 12-17-2010, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

You know, this thread really led me to think about recolonizations becoming a focus, since we've had so many closures. We have 78 closed chapters on our chapter roll! There are a number that I feel would probably be a priority in the next few years to make happen, if the conditions are all right.

Of course, we would want single letter chapters to reopen, including: Delta (Vanderbilt, if we want to be sneaky ), Zeta (Buffalo State), Iota (Northern Colorado), Kappa (Miami-OH), Rho (Florida State), Sigma (Western Colorado), Tau (NM Highlands) and Phi (Ohio).

But there are some prominent institutions that we were not successful at and sad closures that could also be prime for success in present-day Tri Sigma-land. I would argue these because of alumnae strength in most of these areas and/or institutional size/support that we would have the pieces in place to be successful at these institutions if they were open for expansion and we were invited to present: Alpha Delta (Drexel), Alpha Eta (Butler), Alpha Sigma (USM), Gamma Alpha (Illinois), Gamma Eta (Loyola NOLA), Gamma Theta (Bradley), Gamma Omicron (Northern Iowa), Gamma Upsilon (Marquette), Delta Mu (Rutgers), Delta Phi (Kansas State), Zeta Nu (UMBC), Zeta Sigma (Duquesne).

I wish there were more that I could personally argue could be successes at this time. I may be wrong! And there are those dream schools and killer recolonizations that we likely don't have the means to make happen now. I won't bore/depress you with the details, lol. We know who they are. And one day, I believe that we will be able to prepare for them. NHQ has really made strides to be more successful/rebrand our efforts. With time, I think we can slowly start to make these happen. But we need our current chapters and colonies to meet their goals and be stable before those BHAGs can be reached!

/end philosophical Tri Sigma rant...and back to work.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:07 PM

Just wanted to add that we are presenting at Drexel today!

Lakers Nation.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmaceli View Post
You know, this thread really led me to think about recolonizations becoming a focus, since we've had so many closures. We have 78 closed chapters on our chapter roll! There are a number that I feel would probably be a priority in the next few years to make happen, if the conditions are all right.

Of course, we would want single letter chapters to reopen, including: Delta (Vanderbilt, if we want to be sneaky ), Zeta (Buffalo State), Iota (Northern Colorado), Kappa (Miami-OH), Rho (Florida State), Sigma (Western Colorado), Tau (NM Highlands) and Phi (Ohio).

But there are some prominent institutions that we were not successful at and sad closures that could also be prime for success in present-day Tri Sigma-land. I would argue these because of alumnae strength in most of these areas and/or institutional size/support that we would have the pieces in place to be successful at these institutions if they were open for expansion and we were invited to present: Alpha Delta (Drexel), Alpha Eta (Butler), Alpha Sigma (USM), Gamma Alpha (Illinois), Gamma Eta (Loyola NOLA), Gamma Theta (Bradley), Gamma Omicron (Northern Iowa), Gamma Upsilon (Marquette), Delta Mu (Rutgers), Delta Phi (Kansas State), Zeta Nu (UMBC), Zeta Sigma (Duquesne).

I wish there were more that I could personally argue could be successes at this time. I may be wrong! And there are those dream schools and killer recolonizations that we likely don't have the means to make happen now. I won't bore/depress you with the details, lol. We know who they are. And one day, I believe that we will be able to prepare for them. NHQ has really made strides to be more successful/rebrand our efforts. With time, I think we can slowly start to make these happen. But we need our current chapters and colonies to meet their goals and be stable before those BHAGs can be reached!

/end philosophical Tri Sigma rant...and back to work.
This Illinois girl would love to see us back at both Bradley and U of I! We would have to commit a LOT of money to U of I - housing is really expensive there and to be successful on campus, you need a house.

I hope we return to Mississippi soon...and colonize somewhere in Alabama too!!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:12 PM

Bumping for some more discussion (it's a little quiet in here!)

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Purely selfish but Alpha Nu!
Old 10-25-2013, 05:31 PM

Can't deal with the quiet in here!

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Dream Expansions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Can't deal with the quiet in here!
To spice things up in here….

I would be really excited to see us at an Ivy League or big Southern university like Bama or Ole Miss. I know the Bama or Ole Miss dream is a long shot, but I think an Ivy would be a reasonable stretch.

Maybe I'm being a bit greedy, but I would love to see New York University too.
I will be my whole life long"
Old 12-21-2013, 09:15 PM

^^^^Bama and Ole Miss have both had expansions within the past 2 years after it took them a number of years to get it (like, neither school had added new group since the 70s.)

I'd personally like to see us have a bigger presence out West, as that is where I'm from!

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
^^^^Bama and Ole Miss have both had expansions within the past 2 years after it took them a number of years to get it (like, neither school had added new group since the 70s.)
Due to the decades that went by before this expansion and the tremendous amount of resources required, I have a feeling I may be a Golden Violet before this dream is a possibility.

On a side note, I also love seeing rechartering chapters. It's great to see the alumnae coming home.
I will be my whole life long"
Old 12-27-2014, 03:01 PM

Bumping for more discussion!

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talia_rain View Post
Purely selfish but Alpha Nu!
#BringbackAlphaNu
Old 04-16-2015, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAM<3 Always View Post
To spice things up in here….

I would be really excited to see us at an Ivy League or big Southern university like Bama or Ole Miss. I know the Bama or Ole Miss dream is a long shot, but I think an Ivy would be a reasonable stretch.

Maybe I'm being a bit greedy, but I would love to see New York University too.
I have family in Mississippi and Alabama so I would LOVE to see us in those states.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca_sigma3 View Post
#BringbackAlphaNu
I'd love to see that as well!

Lakers Nation.