View Single Post
Old 09-19-2023, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchaptergphib View Post
I would say, after being a Membership Advisor for, oh, 15 of the last 20 years the disadvantage of being a Legacy I see most often is that Legacy (or, maybe sister/Mom/Grandma) actually being poorly-prepared for Primary Recruitment.

How do you poorly-prepare your Legacy for Primary Recruitment?
You perpetuate or believe any or all of the following inaccuracies:
1. Primary Recruitment isn't competitive at Dear Legacy's school
2. Legacy Chapter at ABC University doesn't have to make cuts each round
3. Just having DL register as a legacy when she registers for Recruitment is plenty of introduction and help
4. If a PNM is not invited back to a chapter, that means the chapter did not like them
5. Legacy status guarantees invitations in Primary Recruitment

I find it interesting that, in your experience, you have found that legacy PNMs are most often poorly-prepared.

One of the current arguments for not requiring recommendations and not recognizing legacy status is that legacy PNMs have an advantage over non-legacy PNMs in primary recruitment due to having more inside knowledge and connections. Here, in your personal experience, you are suggesting that these PNMs are actually poorly prepared. This tells me that it could be that the mere fact of being a legacy doesn't necessarily mean that a PNM has a far greater chance than anyone else.

True and Constant