GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   how many greek s come from a masonic youth background? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=45382)

cutiepatootie 04-06-2004 01:02 PM

Don't you hate that feeling. I go to Grand Bethel and wear my grand look like for being a Grand bethel girl and i sigh and moan with my other old timer friends ....we call our selves the old and has beens because i haveen a past honored queen, a majority member, a grand bethel girl and e ven bethel guardian ( mother advisor equivlent)

It is funny i was reading the other post and she said job's was like APO. I was Alpha Phi Omega too and i dont see it LOL...now i see it more in my foundation with jobs and Alpha Phi but not APO

DIVINEeyeAM 04-07-2004 12:05 AM

I, myself, am not apart of the Masonic organization, but my parents are. (OES, Mason)

bubu 04-11-2004 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by emb021
Also, there is Acacia, a college fraternity for Masons and sons of Masons.
In our early years a direct Masonic tie was a requirement to join Acacia, but that hasn't been the case in many years. We are a general college social fraternity and, BTW, one of the founding members of the NIC.

Acacia will celebrate its Centennial on May 12, 2004 and we've launched a new website at http://www.acacia.org Check it out!

AcaciaMizzou851 04-12-2004 02:16 AM

Barry's right. While Acacia is the fraternity with the greatest Masonic influence, there is no official requirement for membership and Acacia is not an appended body.

Just the same, there are many Acacians that are Masons and vice versa. I'm not involved with freemasonry, by there are several men in my chapter that are. We are also involved in service projects with the local lodges.

Erik P Conard 04-12-2004 02:29 AM

Members of the Craft

A plethora of fraternities were founded by Master Masons and
a good bit of most of our rituals were taken from the Masons.
It is really difficult to find objections to Masonic precepts, and
now that the Prince Hall Masons (older than the AF & AM ones
in the USA) have been welcomed...
There's lots to be said...and only the snake-handling Baptists
and a few out-of-it Mormons and Catholics seem still threatened.
Naw, take a look at Masonry as you go out into the world, you
will find it will enhance the societal love.
Fraternally to all, Erik P Conard, Master Mason, Life Member,
Scottish Rite (32º), Shriner and T K E

SapphireSphinx9 04-12-2004 05:00 AM

Both of my grandfathers are Masons (well one is deceaded...) and both of my aunts and mom were in Rainbow. I always wanted to be in Rainbow... But there wasn't a group close enough to my house.

I plan on one day trying to get into Eastern Star (one of my chapter sisters is in OES) but haven't gotten around to it yet. :(

And this has nothing to do with this... But my church meets at a Masonic Temple... The same one my grandpa went through his degrees at.

DeltaGammaRocks 06-24-2005 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by cutiepatootie

Glitter 650 is grand assembly in bakersfield this yr? grand bethel and grand assembly i swear are in the two least favorite places in california...bakersfield and fresno... i remember when we use to be in anahiem that was a blast.

omigod! i went to a convention in anahiem... it was sooo much fun... we went to disneyland and everything... aww good times...

KDLady00 06-24-2005 07:20 PM

My dad was a proud Mason until he was killed in 1991...

trojangal 06-25-2005 07:54 PM

I was a Rainbow girl. I served as Worthy Advisor twice, was a Grand Representative ( which in Florida is considered a Grand Office, but not one of the assembly offices), and am a member of Eastern Star, but not active b/c my chapter is in my hometown. My mom and her sisters were Job's Daughters and my grandparents were OES--grand dad was a Mason and a member of High Twelve. The coolest experiences in my life were when grandparents came to my Rainbow initiation. Even cooler...my grandmother walked with me through my OES initiation. I will always hold that special to me!

Pearls4Life 07-10-2005 10:01 PM

hmmmm

Secrets, Secrets, Secrets....are that for a reason. Wonder why is the question....? :eek:

cantwait08 04-16-2008 11:05 AM

just thought i'd join in (know the thread is from way back when)
Rainbow Grand Offices:
Grand Page to Grand Love
Grand Page to the State Dad
Grand Representative to Mississippi and Montana
Grand Representative to Texas and California
Grand Nature
Grand Hope
Grand Drill Leader
have been worthy advisor 3 times (so far)
I am also a member of Eastern Star serving as Adah this year
Every male member of my family is a mason and every female member of my family was in rainbow and eastern star.
My mom served as Grand Editor for Rainbow and my dad was the west district governor for Demolay.

honeychile 04-16-2008 11:15 AM

I was forced into Rainbow Girls, because I think everyone but my brother in my family was in some aspect of the Masons. I must have been in a nasty group, though, and when I heard some of the more senior members ripping a new member into shreds, I had my excuse to quit. Don't ask me to reveal any secrets, because I don't remember a one!

My roomie did all the chairs in Rainbow; I highly doubt that she went any further.

cantwait08 04-16-2008 02:31 PM

Just so you know honeychile rainbow has no secrets we have "traditions" now and there is no such thing as senior members and new members we are all equal if you dont mind saying so what state did you join in; because in my state this type of behavior would never be tolerated

Drolefille 04-16-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantwait08 (Post 1635513)
Just so you know honeychile rainbow has no secrets we have "traditions" now and there is no such thing as senior members and new members we are all equal if you dont mind saying so what state did you join in; because in my state this type of behavior would never be tolerated

From her phrasing it sounded like she said "more senior" members as in they'd been around longer compared to newer members. Not as if they were titles or levels of membership.

Glitter650 04-16-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantwait08 (Post 1635376)
just thought i'd join in (know the thread is from way back when)
Rainbow Grand Offices:
Grand Page to Grand Love
Grand Page to the State Dad
Grand Representative to Mississippi and Montana
Grand Representative to Texas and California
Grand Nature
Grand Hope
Grand Drill Leader
have been worthy advisor 3 times (so far)
I am also a member of Eastern Star serving as Adah this year
Every male member of my family is a mason and every female member of my family was in rainbow and eastern star.
My mom served as Grand Editor for Rainbow and my dad was the west district governor for Demolay.

Did you attend a California Grand assembly when you were rep ?